Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thought for the day....January 3, 1939...

was a very special day in history for my family. A young man and a young woman were joined in marriage. They went on to spend many wonderful years together as husband and wife. Within the time that God had blessed them, He also blessed them with 7 children. This marriage was put through tests, but it persevered because they kept the focus on our Heavenly Father.

I sat and listened to my Mamaw Mollie tell many stories of the love that she and Papaw Frank shared. It was also a blessing that I saw first hand for many years.

On October 3, 1987, Papaw left this earthly world, but because of the love that he and Mamaw had shared, she held strong. For 20 years more, she sat and spoke of him as if it were still January 3, 1939.


Now today, I see how frustrated and unravelled I can become with my own husband and I really do not like how I feel. So, I now turn where I should always remain....faithful and steadfast in God and His Word.

I remind myself that God has blessed me with a wonderful love....even if he doesn't always take out the garbage :)...and it is my responsibility and service to God in return to love him.


"Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Genesis 2:24

Many blessings to you and yours today...it is a special day! Misty

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Blessings to you and your family on this very special day indeed.

Gabrielle said...

Super post! Today would have been my parents 51st wedding anniversary. My mom past away in 1995. We are blessed to have such amazing marriages to attempt to mirror.

January 3rd is a special day for me to remember too! :)