Friday, January 2, 2009

Thought for the day...take the time...

...to listen to your children...to laugh with them...to hold them...to show them how much you love them.

This is another "resolution of sorts"! I have always said, "If you are looking to find my home and/or my kids clean, I suggest you come by when they are in bed. Any other time, we are havin' fun and makin' memories." Sadly, I have not made as much time to actually do this as I would like. So, starting today, I am going to make it a point! In all honesty, what is it going to hurt for those dishes to sit in the sink for a little longer? And the clothes to be folded....they will be there!

I was watching Mollie just the other day...she is growing up sooooo fast! I realized that it had been quite some time since I just sat with her....individually...and talked! So, I took the moment and enjoyed EVERY SINGLE MINUTE! It was then that I realized how MUCH she has grown.... emotionally, physically and intellectually!

Afterall, God has given me these precious lives to enjoy, lead, guide and direct! I owe this to each of them, but most importantly, I owe it to Him!

So, go ahead, hug them and just listen to them!

Blessings to all....Misty

"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord..." Psalms 127:3

2 comments:

Linnao said...

You're absolutely right!! Great post

Colleen said...

Very true and a reminder we all need sometimes when we get caught up in so many other day to day things!